How do I get rid of Webserach.searchuniverse.info virus from my computer? No matter I browse the web, it always hijacks my default homepage and search engine. I try to change my homepage and search engine but it didn’t help. What should I do? Anyone can recommend useful removal ways to me? Thanks a lot.
Free Download a powerful removal tool to quickly remove Websearch.searchuniverse.info.
Instruction of Websearch.searchuniverse.info
Websearch.searchuniverse.info is a rather dangerous browser hijacker that can corrupt your computer via exploiting system holes and unprotected networks. It has attacked thousands of computer users via exploiting system security vulnerabilities, pop-ups, spam emails, malicious websites and so on. If you like to download freeware from the Internet, you’d better pay attention and the best way is to download software from official websites.
Once installed successfully on your computer, it is able to perform many destructive actions. It is bundled with additional parasites so that it may corrupt your computer terribly. Besides, it is capable of changing your computer and browser settings and deleting important files at randomly. To escape the detection of security programs, it is able to terminate your executable programs and even block you to access reputable websites. It may keep redirecting you to malicious websites and then steal your valuable personal information like credit card numbers, online banking information, logon names, passwords, IP address, email address and other information for illegal benefits. It is highly advised to take prompt action to remove Websearch.searchuniverse.info redirect virus completely from your computer to avoid further damage.
How Does Websearch.searchuniverse.info Intrude the Computer?
Many users complained that their computer has been infected with Websearch.searchuniverse.info. It usually comes bundled with drive-by-download scripts when you download freeware/shareware from the Internet. Once infected, it is able to bypass the scanning of your security software and then hijack your web browsers. It adds malicious codes to your registry and then replaces its site as your homepage without any permission. It redirects your browser to malicious websites against your will and then display a lot of pop-ups to interrupt you. However, it is a fake site so that you should pay more attention to your computer.
Ways to Protect Your Computer From Being Infected
- Download software from reliable and official websites.
- Always read the Terms and Agreements before downloading and installing software on your computer.
- Keep operating system updated and ensure your firewall on your computer.
- Use caution when opening attachments and accepting file transfers.
- Don’t visit malicious websites when surfing the Internet. Never click on pop-up ads and suspicious links which may contain potential threats. It is advised to set your passwords strong and complicated.
Websearch.searchuniverse.info Removal Instructions
Since you have known Websearch.searchuniverse.info is a malicious browser hijacker, you should take measures to remove it from your computer by all means. However, manual removal is effective, but is not for each one. Each manual removal step must be followed delicately to completely remove all Websearch.searchuniverse.info related files and registry entries from your computer. If you are unsure or have doubts about editing your system registry, it is suggested to download an advanced removal tool on your computer to help you get rid of it automatically and safely.
Auto Removal Tool —— SpyHunter (Recommended)
Basic information about SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System and designed with the latest technology which can remove various malicious browser hijackers from the infected computers without causing any side-effect. The program is easy to use and doesn’t require advanced computer knowledge. It can automatically help you remove all malicious threats from your PC. All you need to do just download and follow the easy steps to install it.
>> Click here to free download SpyHunter, you can save the downloaded file on your desktop.
Step1. Double-click on the downloaded file on your desktop to start the installation of SpyHunter.
Step2. Click COMNTINUE to go on.
Step4. Keep following the on screen instructions until all tasks successfully completed, and then click EXIT button.
Step5. Usually, SpyHunter will automatically launch, you need to click Scan Computer Now to scan your computer.
Step6. Click Fix Threats to delete all potential threats. Now, Websearch.searchuniverse.info browser hijacker and its harmful registry entries should be completely removed from your computer.
Method2. Manually remove Websearch.searchuniverse.info from your computer. (Only for the advanced computer expert)
If you insist on trying this complicated step, be sure that you are careful enough.
Step1. Uninstall Websearch.searchuniverse.info and its related programs via Control Panel.
Note: Usually, a lot of browser hijackers like Websearch.searchuniverse.info often install some of their components on windows programs which cause to be hard to uninstall all of them thoroughly. Therefore, you have to be very careful during the removal process, and be sure that you have removed all the suspicious programs from Control Panel.
If you are using Windows 7/Vista, please follow the steps below to remove this browser hijacker and other dubious programs.
1. Click Start menu and then choose Control Panel.
2. Now, you will get a window as shown on below, and then click Uninstall a program under Programs.
3. Look for all suspicious programs and then remove them by clicking Uninstall.
If you are using Windows XP, please follow the step below to remove Websearch.searchuniverse.info from control panel.
1. Pull your mouse to the right edge of the screen, look for Search tab and click it. Now, you can type control panel to the search box.
2. Search for any questionable programs and click Uninstall to terminate them.
If you are using Windows XP, just follow the below steps to complete Websearch.searchuniverse.info removal.
1. Click Start menu and then select Control Panel.
2. In the opened window, click Add or Remove Programs.
3. Uninstall Websearch.searchuniverse.info and unwanted programs by clicking Remove button.
Attention: If you feel any difficulty in removing Websearch.searchuniverse.info and other harmful programs, it is advised you to download a professional removal tool and run it to get rid of all threats out of your PC.
Step2. Remove unwanted add-ons or extensions from browsers.
1. Launch your Internet Explorer, click on Tools on the menu bar and then select Mange Add-ons.
2. Click on Toolbars and Extensions on the left side, and then search for any toolbars related to the malware, remove them by clicking Disable button.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the 3 stripes icon at the upper right corner and then choose Add-ons.
2. Click on Extensions on the left, then select the unwanted extensions from the list and click on Remove\Disable button to remove them. (Below image is an example)
1. Open Google Chrome and click on the 3stripes icon at the top right corner, then click Tools > Extensions.
2. Find out any malicious extensions and delete them by clicking trash bin.
1. Open your Safari, click on the gear icon and then select Preferences.
2. Click on Extensions on the menu, then click Uninstall button to remove unwnated extensions.
Step3. Remove Websearch.searchuniverse.info homepage from browsers.
Remove Websearch.searchuniverse.info homepage from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools on the menu bar and then select Internet Options from the drop down list.
2. Remove malicious URL and then you can type a preferable one as your homepage. Don’t forget to check Delete browsing history on exit under Browsing history. And then click Delete At last, click OK to save changes.
Remove Websearch.searchuniverse.info homepage from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open your Mozilla Firefox, click on the 3stripes icon at the top right corner and then click on Options.
2. Now, you will get a window as follows. Click General tab on the left, delete Websearch.searchuniverse.info homepage and then you can enter the preferable one as your homepage. At last, click Use Current Pages.
Remove Websearch.searchuniverse.info homepage from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome, click on the 3 stripes icon at the upper right corner and then select Settings.
2. Click on Set pages. (See below image)
3. Delete malicious homepage, you can enter another URL as your new page. Be remembering to click OK button.
Remove Websearch.searchuniverse.info homepage from Safari
1. Open your Safari, click on the gear icon and then select Preferences.
2. Make sure you choose General tab, then remove harmful homepage and type you preferable one as your homepage. Then click Set to Current Page.
If this browser hijacker has changed your browser settings, you need to reset your browsers to default settings.
Step5. Reset your browser to default settings.
For Internet Explorer
1. Open your browser, click on Tools on the menu bar and then select Internet Options from the drop down list.
2. In the Internet Options window, click on Advanced tab, then find out Reset button and click it. (As shown below)
3. Don’t forget to check Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
For Mozilla Firefox
1. Open you browser, click on the icon at the upper right corner, and then click the question mark at the bottom right corner.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information.
3. Click on Refresh Firefox.
4. A confirmation window will appear as follows, click on Refresh Firefox button to complete Firefox setting.
For Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome, click the icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
2. You will get a window as below, and then scroll down to the end of the window, find out Show advanced settings… and click it.
3. Keep scrolling down until you find out Reset settings button. Then click it.
4. Click Reset button to complete Google setting.
1. Open your browser, click on the gear icon at the top right corner and then select Reset Safari.
2. Click Reset button to finish Safari settings.
Websearch.searchuniverse.info is a really annoying redirect virus that may constantly redirect you to malicious websites. Your screen may flood with a lot of pop-up ads, coupons and other online shopping information. However, don’t be fooled by this redirect virus! The only way is to take action to delete it from your computer to protect your computer and privacy. Here we sincerely recommend you to download an advanced removal tool to help you solve this issue. It can detect and delete the threat automatically and safely from your computer within minutes. Besides, it can also help you save much time. Download it and run it to protect your computer immediately.