Hey, guys. I was browsing the web and then a pop up window pops up on my webpage. It’s so beautiful. Out of curiosity, I click on the pop-up, but to my disappointment, it redirects to me to visit a site called Searchjourney.net. Then every time I surf the Internet, my screen is always full of lots of pop ups. I reset my browser but it didn’t work. Please help.
Run a Malware Scanner to scan your PC and remove Searchjourney.net from your PC now!
Description of Searchjourney.net:
Be similar to other browser hijacker, Searchjourney.net is a harmful browser hijacker that can bring constant trouble to your computer. It is able to hijack most popular browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, etc. It can not only change your web browser settings, but can secretly replace its site as your default homepage. It usually attaches itself to suspicious links, pop-up ads, attachments, freeware/shareware and other unknown Internet. Its main aim is to promote its site and its marketing products. It may display tons of pop-up ads, coupons and sponsored links so as to interrupt you whenever you are online.
It is an add-on/extension that may be added on your web browsers. It often downloads many programs and run them in the background to degrade your speed and PC performance. It is a fake search engine which always provides irrelevant and undesired search results. What’s worse, it can violate your privacy and steal your valuable information to obtain illegal benefits. Your personal information and computer will be at stake.
Please do not hesitate to remove Searchjourney.net browser hijacker effectively from your computer to avoid further damage and data loss.
How Can You Get Infected with Searchjourney.net?
Searchjourney.net is a fake search engine that is able to disguise itself as a legitimate site and then deceive users to click it. It is often bundled with freeware or other potential threats which may make your computer chaos. It has the ability to hide itself into your registry files and then perform many evil actions in the background. When you open a new tab or new page, it may force you to visit its site or other malicious websites. In addition, it can collect your search queries and items in order to send you attractive advertisements, coupons and online shopping websites. Thus your search results will be full of irrelevant and annoying contents. However, don’t access unknown or unreliable websites especially if your firewall is close.
Tips to Avoid Being Attacked by Redirect Virus
- Be cautious when receiving unsolicited emails from unknown senders. They may be attached suspicious links, sponsored advertisements, or other threats.
- Never download software from pirated websites. Some infected programs can take the chance to install on your computer automatically and corrupt your system terribly.
- Frequently scan and update your antivirus programs and system which can help prevent your computer from various potential threats.
How to Completely Remove Searchjourney.net From Your PC?
From the above mentioned, Searchjourney.net is a dangerous browser hijacker which is a big threat to your computer. It can damage the target computer via exploiting multiple channels. In order to completely and safely delete it from your computer, it is advised to download an advanced removal tool on your computer. It is developed with advanced techniques and powerful algorithm which has capabilities to detect and delete all types of threats from your computer without trouble.
Step1. Uninstall Searchjourney.net from Windows.
For Windows 7/Vista user, you can follow the steps given below to uninstall the unwanted programs.
1. Click Start menu and choose Control Panel. Then click Uninstall a program under Programs. Then you will get a window as follows.
2. Search for Searchjourney.net and the suspicious programs, remove them by clicking Uninstall.
For Windows 8 use, please follow the steps given below to uninstall Searchjourney.net and other suspicious programs.
1. Move your mouse to the right edge of the screen, click Search tab and then type control panel to the search box.
2. Search for Searchjourney.net browser hijacker and other suspicious programs from the installed programs; remove them by clicking Uninstall button.
If you are Windows XP user, please be very careful to perform the following steps.
1. Click Start menu and then select Control Panel. In the opened window, click Add or Remove Programs.
2. Look for any suspicious programs; uninstall them by clicking Remove button.
Step2. Remove Searchjourney.net homepage from browsers.
Remove malicious homepage from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools on the menu bar and then select Internet Options from the drop down list.
2. Remove Searchjourney.net URL and then you can type a desired domain name as your homepage. Check Delete browsing history on exit under Browsing history. And then click Delete At last, click OK to save changes. (Take Zquirrel.com browser hijacker as an example)
Reset Internet Explorer to default setting.
1. Open Internet Explorer again, like just now, click on Tools on the menu bar and then select Internet Options from the drop down list.
2. In the Internet Options window, click on Advanced tab, then find out Reset button and click it. (As shown below)
3. When a confirmation window appears as below, be sure you check Delete personal settings and then click Reset button to remove Searchjourney.net.
Remove Searchjourney.net homepage from Mozilla Firefox.
1. Open your Mozilla Firefox, click on the 3stripes icon at the top right corner and then click on Options.
2. Now, you will get a window as follows. Click General tab on the left, delete malicious homepage and then you can enter the preferable one as your homepage. At last, click Use Current Pages. (Take Zquirrel.com browser hijacker as an example)
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default setting.
1. Open your Mozilla Firefox again, click on the 3 stripes icon on the menu bar, and then click the question mark.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Refresh Firefox.
4. When a confirmation window pops up, click on Refresh Firefox button.
Remove Searchjourney.net homepage from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome, click on the 3 stripes icon at the upper right corner and then select Settings.
2. Look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startupoption and click on Set pages.
3. Delete unwanted URL and you can type the one you like as your homepage. Then click OK (Take another browser hijacker as an example)
Reset your Google Chrome to default setting.
1. Return to your Settings page, scroll down your mouse to the bottom of the page, find out Show advanced settings… and click it.
2. Keep scrolling down until you find out Reset settings button. Then click it.
3. Now, you will get a window as below, click Reset button to accomplish the setting.
Step3. Remove Searchjourney.net from browsers shortcuts.
Take Google as an example.
1. Right click your Google Chrome on desktop, and then left click Properties from the list.
2. Delete Searchjourney.net under the Target box.
Attention: The above steps are available for other browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox.
Option2. Automatically remove Searchjourney.net with SpyHunter
Step1. Download SpyHunter by clicking the button below. (You can save the downloaded file on your desktop.)
Step2. Double click on the downloaded file on your desktop and then choose the language to start the installation of SpyHunter.
Step3. Click COMNTINUE to go on.
Step5. Keep following the installation prompts on screen until complete the installation process, and then click EXIT button.
Step6. Usually, SpyHunter will automatically launch, you need to click Scan Computer Now to scan your computer.
Step7. Click Fix Threats to delete all potential threats. Now, Searchjourney.net browser hijacker and its harmful files should be completely removed from your computer.
Searchjourney.net is an extremely annoying browser hijacker that can bring lots of trouble once infected. It is bundled with additional parasites that may mess up your system terribly. However, ignore the pop-ups, advertisements, coupons and other unwanted information that may redirect you to malicious websites in order to steal your valuable information for illegal purpose. That is why you need to delete it from your computer as soon as detected. The easiest and safest way is to download an advanced removal tool to help you fix the problems. It is able to help you scan and delete the threat automatically from your computer without damage.