My default search engine is replaced by Hotwebfree.com. I don’t know how this threat hijacks my search engine. Is it safe to search information using this search engine? Anyone can give me some suggestions for Hotwebfree.com introduction?
Know More about Hotwebfree.com
Hotwebfree.com is an extremely perilous browser hijacker that can attack the target machine via exploits system security vulnerabilities and unknown Internet. It is able to automatically get installed on your computer and then carry out a lot of spiteful activities to damage your computer. Apart from these, it is capable of modifying your system and browser settings, deleting critical files and disabling your executable programs to corrupt your computer.
It can be added to your web browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Numerous pop-ups ads, coupons, sponsored links and deals may be displayed on your screen whenever you are online. It shows you irrelevant and undesired search results even you search for something in your own search engine. It can collect your search queries and then send you the unwanted search contents. Besides, it may redirect you to its domain or other malicious websites for no reason. What’s worse, it is able to spy on your Internet activities and capture your cookies and browsing history to gain illegal benefits. Anyway, you have to take measures to remove Hotwebfree.com from your computer to avoid further damage and data loss.
Where Does Hotwebfree.com Come from?
Be aware that Hotwebfree.com is able to enter into the affected machine through multiple ways. It hides itself to all kinds of pop-up ads and malicious websites.If you open spam emails or attachments, you may get a big chance to get infected. Here are some symptoms of the infection that you can pay attention.
- It is bundled with additional parasites and freeware downloads which may easily get your computer infected.
- It usually spreads through spam emails, attachments, online chats, social websites and other unprotected networks.
- It attaches itself to suspicious links, porn or dangerous pages. Once infected, it is able to hijack your web browsers and force you to visit malicious websites.
- Don’t arbitrarily access unknown or malicious websites when you surf the Internet.
How to completely remove Hotwebfree.com from your browser?
Hotwebfree.com is rather hazardous browser which is able to corrupt your computer by all means. Your computer and personal information may be at high risk if you don’t delete it from your computer as quickly as possible. It is capable of stealing your important information by collecting your cookies, search queries and browser history, etc.
If you are not adapt at fixing computer problem, it is strongly advised you to download a professional removal tool — SpyHunter to remove Hotwebfree.com safely and quickly. It not only scans your entire system but also helps delete the browser hijacker automatically within a few minutes.
Automatically Remove Hotwebfree.com with SpyHunter.
Step1. Download SpyHunter by clicking the button below. Save the file on your desktop.
Please follow the detailed steps to install SpyHunter.
Step2. Double click on the downloaded file and then choose the language.
Step3. Click COMNTINUE to go on.
Step5. SpyHunter is installing, you need to wait for moment.
Step6. Keep following the installation prompts on screen until finish the installation process, and then click EXIT button.
Step7. Run SpyHunter by clicking Scan Computer Now to scan your computer.
Step8. Click Fix Threats to delete all potential threats.
Step9. Restart your computer.
Manual Removal Steps
Step1. Uninstall Hotwebfree.com from Windows.
Uninstall unwanted program from Windows 7/Vista
- Click Start →Control Panel →Programs and Features. You can directly click Uninstall a program under Programs.
2. Look for Hotwebfree.com and uninstall it by clicking Uninstall.
Uninstall unwanted program from Windows 8.
1. Drag your mouse to the right edge of the screen, click on search tab and then type control panel to the search box.
- Search for Hotwebfree.com and then click on Uninstall.
Uninstall unwanted program from Windows XP.
- Go to Start button and then navigate to Control Panel→ Add or Remove Programs.
2. Select the baleful program and then remove it by clicking Remove button.
Step2. Remove Hotwebfree.com from browser.
- Open Internet Explorer, navigate your mouse to Tools and then select Manage Add-ons.
2. After the window pops up, look for unwanted toolbars and extensions. Remove them by clicking Disable button.
If your homepage is changed, you need to remove the browser hijacker homepage and type the one you prefer.
- Open your Internet Explorer, go to Tools and then choose Internet Options.
2. Click the General tab, eliminate malicious UR and then type the other preferable domain name as your homepage. Then click Apply > OK to save changes.
If it is necessary, reset your Internet Explorer.
- Open your browser again, go to Tools and then select Internet Options.
2. Go to Advanced tab and then click Reset button.
3. When a new window pops up, check Delete personal settings and then click Reset button to remove Hotwebfree.com.
- Open Google Chrome, click the icon at top right corner of the browser and select More tools →Extensions.
2. Look for any malicious extensions and click trash icon to delete these them.
If your default homepage and search engine are changed, you need to get rid of the harmful one and retype the preferable one.
- Open Google Chrome, click the icon at the top right corner and then select Settings.
2. Look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and then click on Set pages.
3. You will see a new window, delete the pernicious URL and enter the one you like as your homepage. Click OK button.
4. Then scroll down your mouse to Manage search engines under the search section and click it.
5. Remove the malicious search site by clicking the “X” mark., you can choose Google or other one as your default search engine.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your Google Chrome again, navigate your mouse to the top right corner, click and then select Settings.
2. Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Show advanced settings.
3. Keep scrolling down, and then click Reset settings.
4. When the confirmation box pops up, click Reset button.
Remove unwanted extensions.
- Open Mozilla Firefox. Click the icon at the top right corner of the browser and choose Add-ons.
2. Remove any unwanted extensions by clicking Remove or Disable button.
If your homepage is changed, you need to remove this browser hijacker homepage and enter the new one.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click the icon at the top right corner of the browser and choose Options.
2. Click General, delete the malicious URL and enter the one you prefer as your homepage, and then close the window.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox again, click >
2. Click Troubleshooting Information.
3. Click Refresh Firefox.
4. When the confirmation box shows on below, click Refresh Firefox to complete the operation.
Step3: Remove Hotwebfree.com from browser shortcuts.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and choose Properties. Delete Hotwebfree.com URL under the Target box. (Take another browser hijacker as an example)
Attention: The same step is suitable for other browsers such as Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
Recommendations to Protect Your PC from Malware
Using updated Anti-virus Software – Remember to update it frequently so that it can help you computer prevent various potential threats from your computer.
Ensure Firewall on your computer – The virus can disable executable programs and block Internet access. You should check and update your firewall frequently.
Often scan your computer – The virus can slip into the affected computer and download unwanted programs without consent to make your computer sluggish.
Use caution when opening attachments & accepting files from unknown sender.
Download software/application from reliable and official websites.
Protect yourself against social engineering attacks and ensure your passwords strong and complicate to prevent being deciphered. Limit user privileges on the computer to keep your computer and personal information safe.
Hotwebfree.com is as dangerous as it sounds, which can bring much trouble on your computer. Your web browser may be replaced and some important settings may be changed without consent. That is why you should remove the browser hijacker from your computer as soon as detected. If you lack of enough and sufficient skills, it is not advised to perform the manual removal. It may put your computer at high risk if you make any mistake during the process. To easily and safely delete this redirect virus, it is suggested to download an advanced removal tool on your computer. It can detect and delete the threat automatically and fully from your computer within minutes.